[LAU] [ANN] Jackbeat 0.7

Olivier Guilyardi ml at xung.org
Mon May 4 09:46:35 EDT 2009

guerrier wrote:

> I am getting an error when I configure jackbeat-0.7.1; it can not find
> portaudio. But I have
> libportaudio2_19+svn20071207-0.64studio1~etch1_i386.deb installed.
>
>> checking for PORTAUDIO... no
>> configure: error: you need portaudio-2.0 >= 19 - Please see http://www.portaudio.com
>
> How do I point to portaudio when I configure?

It should work right out of the box. Your portaudio .pc (pkg-config) file may be
in an unusual place. On Debian it is in: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/portaudio-2.0.pc

If that's the case then you need to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH before running ./configure.

Alternatively, I suppose there could be a version string comparison problem if
your .pc file contains a weird one.

What do the following commands produce?

pkg-config --modversion portaudio-2.0

ls /usr/lib/pkgconfig/portaudio*