[LAU] Has anyone recorded S/PDIF in with U24XL?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue May 5 07:09:51 EDT 2009

Hi,

If you want to test the sound input you should start with arecord.

arecord -f cd -d hw:0,0 test.wav

You can find the hw number for you card with

cat /proc/asound/cards

- Before you do the recording you should disable pulseaudio if it is
running.

pulseaudio -k

You can always start it again after with

pulseaudio - D

If the recording with arecord does not work you might have an alsa setup
issue.

Cheers.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd