[LAU] another eeepc success story

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed May 6 11:59:10 EDT 2009

I have an MSI Wind purring happily along using a custom-compiled
2.26.29-rc3-rt6 kernel. Main reason for not using vanilla rt Ubuntu 9.04
kernel is that we discovered having issues with hibernation. Everything
works out-of-box including webcam, wireless, standby, hibernate, compiz,
64x2 jack on internal soundcard at 48KHz (this actually breaks Pd apparently
as it cannot handle such small buffers and gets zombified :-) etc. I guess
the reason I am posting this is if anyone would like to try DISIS version I
would greatly appreciate any feedback. You can get it from
<http://ico.bukvic.net/Linux/Kernels/>. If interested, I can also upload
latest version with debugger disabled which brings the download down from
277MB to roughly 25MB...

FWIW, as an added bonus, MSI Wind laptops have a manufacturer built-in BIOS
feature allowing CPU overclocking from 1.6GHz up to 2GHz by simply pressing
fn+f10.

Ico