[LAU] can't compile realtime kernel: error: conflicting types for ‘irqreturn_t’

Roberto Gordo Saez roberto.gordo at gmail.com
Thu May 7 10:11:05 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 07:51:58PM +0900, Dietrich Bollmann wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
>
> Thanks for your answer - I disabled the comedi drivers and tried
> again ... getting yet another error:
>

>   CC [M]  lib/reed_solomon/reed_solomon.o
>   CC [M]  lib/zlib_deflate/deflate.o
>   CC [M]  lib/zlib_deflate/deftree.o
>   CC [M]  lib/zlib_deflate/deflate_syms.o
>   LD [M]  lib/zlib_deflate/zlib_deflate.o
>   Building modules, stage 2.
>   MODPOST 2283 modules
> ERROR:
> "there_is_no_init_MUTEX_LOCKED_for_RT_semaphores" [drivers/staging/rt2870/rt2870sta.ko] undefined!
> WARNING: modpost: Found 1 section mismatch(es).

Well it looks that this time the driver for wireless Ralink 2870
devices is having problems with the -rt patch. Disabling it may help
(unless you need it), or try the linux-rt-users mailing list at
vger.kernel.org.

> I hope some day the realtime kernel is delivered in form of a package
> and there is no need for such emails anymore...

There is linux-image-2.6.28-3-rt in Ubuntu (universe), but I don't use
those packages so can't say how good are...