[LAU] Audio device for VLC plugin in browser - [solved]

Crypto crptdngl71 at gmx.net
Fri May 8 04:36:53 EDT 2009

On Thursday 07 May 2009 23:24:33 Crypto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have searched elsewhere but not found:
>
> How can I change the default audio device of the VLC plugin in browsers
> such as iceweasel? There are no options / settings at all in the browser
> plugin. Just "use" it. Is the VLC plugin using the same options as the VLC
> player itself and using the same config file(s)?
>
> I have got an external USB card - everything appears to be able to use it,
> apart from iceweasel + VLC plugin. Where can I set that?
>
> I have got sidux linux running on a notebook.
>
> Thanks for any hint and kind regards,
> Crypto.

I found another hint somewhere else and solved it.

I added a file named sound (should maybe named sound.conf actually) in
/etc/modprobe.d with these lines:

alias sound-card0 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=0

alias sound-card0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel index=1

That made VLC plugin use usb-card, when available. Works a treat.

Crypto.