[LAU] [OT] Help with mixing and mastering?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:32:11 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 8 May 2009 11:12:54 -0700
> Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> P.S. - Anyone listening to Mike Bloomfield these days? I'm on a retro
>> kick lately... :-)
>
> Oddly enough I've had occasion to hear both the Super Session album and
> "A Long Time Comin'" in the past 2 weeks, and Mike's playing blew me away
> all over again.

He really does.

Now that I'm deeply into middle age, if not early old age, I related
strongly to Craig Ferguson's comment the other night that he's finally
accepted that if he's even heard of something that means it's out of
date and not cool anymore, and I agree. My 29 year old niece, who's
belly danced with Panic at the Disco and managed road tours for Glass
& Ashes as well as Cyndi Lauper (go figure, right?) mentioned Animal
collective a couple of years ago to me. Cool band. Fun. I got to
mention Particle recently in return. Derek Truck sounds like a cool
guy to check out but I haven't had a chance yet. Watched a Moody Blues
concert yesterday on NetFlix on-line.

The world's full of great stuff new stuff but I'm glad to know others
still enjoy the old stuff. My 17 year old does, and believe it or not
my wife just discovered the Stones! (No kidding - she wouldn't listen
because she did like the looks of Jagger!)