[LAU] jackdmp and libjack.la

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon May 11 10:50:16 EDT 2009

Stéphane Letz wrote:
> [snip]
> So woul'nt be better to solve the initial issue at the right place?

I read the IRC log, but I'm not sure which place is the right one. Waf ?
Jackdmp's sources ? The distro ?

Beyond my immediate problem of building the latest MusE, I wondered how
all this stuff will be handled in the very near future, i.e. how is 64
Studio 3 going to build MusE if its build system demands libjack.la and
the distro hasn't yet bumped up to jackdmp ? And if jackdmp's waf build
manager doesn't make .la files how will 64 Studio accommodate Jackbeat,
MusE, and others after bumping up ?

Olivier, was there any special difficulty in removing the libtool stuff
from Jackbeat's build system ? If it's a relatively painless procedure
I'll try to remove the dependency from MusE's sources to see if I can
get it completely built here.

Best,

dp