[LAU] Fons could you make us an Hammond ;)

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue May 12 04:07:11 EDT 2009

Hello David!
   I've only heard demos of hogand so far, but it doesn't reach beatrix. Hogand
sounds like an electric organ, but not close to hammond. It sounds somehow
more sterile, thus giving an 80s impression. This could be easily explained to
my ears, because - from what I remember - hogand uses FM synthesis. I very
well-known synth in this category is the Yamaha DX7 (1983-87). I wouldn't
discard hogand, if I could use it, but as an organ in its own right.
   Kindest regards
        Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net