[LAU] Fons could you make us an Hammond ;)

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Tue May 12 23:52:35 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 12 May 2009 5:53:55 pm Nick Copeland wrote:

> [ ... ]
>
> I am sure there are loads of people who could add to this list and expand
> upon its content - none of this is 'definitive' fact. Beatrix implements
> most of these features, the percussive routing, crosstalks, tapering,
> waveform distorts, leakages, etc. Keyclick last time I looked was based on
> a single contact but had multiple signal options and the reverb was a
> pretty nice but clean multiple chained delay lines. To be honest I thought
> beatrix had been 'sold' to an italian company making 'Hammond Sound'
> keyboards which was largely why it is no longer maintained publicly, its
> maintained privately - what I want to say is that is not an orphaned app by
> any means, its one of the more successful ones perhaps.
>
> Regards, nick.
> Apologies if this is a duplicate submit, my firefox hung when I pressed
> send.

One other element was if the tubes were shot. The old blown out tubes would
give it a really dirty, but soft texture which for some things was desirable.

The best synthesis of a Hammond I've heard is a hardware keyboard. Nord makes
a really great sounding Hammond synth that beats out anything else I've heard.
(It's Rhodes, Claves and Whirlitzer are great too, piano kinda sucks though)

-Reuben