[LAU] Beatrix. Was: Re: Fons could you make us an Hammond ;)

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Wed May 13 04:44:05 EDT 2009

Peder Hedlund wrote:
> Quoting Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com>:
>
>> How do you connect vkeybd or midi keyboard to Bea?
>
> I don't think vkeybd will work since beatrix uses the raw ALSA MIDI
> device.
>
> A real MIDI keyboard you just plug in to the MIDI interface of your
> soundcard , or the joystick/game interface and a converter if you
> don't have MIDI jacks.
>
> One module I forgot to mention earlier was the snd_mpu401_uart. That's
> also needed to enable the MIDI device.

Thanks for info, but got no sound yet.

$ lsmod | grep midi
snd_virmidi             3548  0
snd_seq_virmidi         4664  1 snd_virmidi
snd_seq_midi            5448  0
snd_rawmidi            18544  5
snd_usb_lib,snd_seq_virmidi,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_midi_event      6072  3 snd_seq_virmidi,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi
snd_seq                42120  7
snd_seq_virmidi,snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_seq_device          6108  5
snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq
snd                    48420  21
snd_usb_audio,snd_hwdep,snd_virmidi,snd_seq_virmidi,snd_ice1712,snd_ak4xxx_adda,snd_cs8427,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_i2c,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device

I've an maudio keystation usb midi keyboard... How should I connect it?
Just USB or also MIDI cable?

How do I know if I have the rights for

/dev/snd/midiC0D0

\r