[LAU] Syndication Format for Music ?

Dan S danstowell+lxau at gmail.com
Wed May 13 16:25:09 EDT 2009

One of the nice things about XML is that it is eXtensible. So, for
example, Apple defined some special "itunes" tags in addition to the
basic RSS ones, which suit their purposes.
http://www.apple.com/itunes/whatson/podcasts/specs.html#rss

It might make sense for you to use standard podcast RSS, but with the
metadata embedded e.g. as RDFa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RDFa . The
CC website http://creativecommons.org/license , for example, generates
a HTML fragment for you with such metadata embedded - you could put
that into the feed items, no problem. I don't know which software
could make use of that information...

HTH
Dan

http://www.mcld.co.uk