[LAU] beatrix, again

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Wed May 13 16:26:29 EDT 2009

Rob wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 May 2009 14:42, Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>
>>>  if Frederik sticks to his ugly license.
>>>
>> Please wait for the justement call till the guy has responded and let
>> him be free to choose the license he wants for his software.
>>

> Everyone's free to license their code however they like, and everyone else
> is free to express their pleasure or displeasure at that.

You're right, and sitting here in front of my keyboard testing Beatrix I
realize how much better GPL is for users, the community and devs. But
that discussion is to early for this thread imo. It could take place
when the author of Beatrix joins for example or after he responded.

My point was, if you want to ask a dev if he is willing to release his
software as GPL software, you should give him the time to respond and
explain his choices, before any judgment.  I think this is not only a
more gentile way (avoiding resistance and having more chance he is
willing to) but also a more fair way.

Back ontopic.

\r