[LAU] can't compile realtime kernel: error: conflicting types for ‘irqreturn_t’

Dietrich Bollmann dietrichbollmann at web.de
Fri May 15 01:49:50 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 20:03 +0200, Emanuel Rumpf wrote:
> Hi
>
> The fix likely is
> to change from
>     struct semaphore
>     struct compat_semaphore
>
> in  /drivers/staging/rt2870/rtmp.h

Hi Emanuel,

Thank you!  I messed around with the code for a while, things got more
and more involved and finally I thought it is a better strategy to just
ask the list :) (...which worked: I finally could compile the kernel :)
after disabling two drivers - both in the 'staging' directory, which,
following the advice of Jörn Nettingsmeier, rather should be disabled
anyway...)

So for the moment I am happy and probably better do not touch my kernel
again :)

Maybe it would be a good idea to let the authors of the driver know?
Not sure - I am just a dilettantish user :)

Dietrich