[LAU] more jack/qjackctl madness

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sat May 16 18:31:41 EDT 2009

To whom it may concern: (again)

Jackdmp 1.9.2, Qjackctl 0.3.4

I do the following:

- Log in.
- Start a jack app.
- The app starts jackd, but using the wrong card,
  and things don't work as expected.

Questions:

 1. Which parameters are used for such an autostart ?
    Certainly not the ones in ~/.jackdrc, these would
    have been correct.
 2. Qjackctl also ignores ~/.jackdrc, so what is the
    purpose of this file ?

- I terminate the app. Check with ps, there is no
  more jackd running.
- I start qjackctl. It immediately shows a running
  jackd, but his has restarted the previous wrong one.
- Click Stop, Start in qjackctl. Get the same wrong
  jackd again.
- Verify qjackctl's Setup window. This shows the
  settings for the right jackd, while it is running
  another one.

This is *madness*

One more: you can't terminate qjackctl without
terminating jackd as well. Why not ? Killing
qjackctl does the right thing.

A request to the jackdmp and qjackctl devs:

   PLEASE REMOVE THAT DBUS MADNESS

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.