[LAU] [PlanetCCRMA] Mixer Wowes

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Sat May 16 21:17:13 EDT 2009

On Saturday 16 May 2009 11:52:18 alex stone wrote:
> Did the Jack
> team run over someone's cat?

I love jack. Especially the routing flexibility.

But I just switched one of my station loggin boxes from rotter which uses jack
to darkice because I wanted to go from loggin one station on the box to
loggin two.

The box is a 1u rack mount machine with no onboard sound card. I hooked up two
different usb sound cards to it. To do what I wanted with jack and rotter, I
would have needed to be able to run two instances of jack on the box at the
same time and have rotter designed to deal with that possibility. (Hmmm, I
just had an idea. I will hold off until after I ask the list though.)

So, does anyone know how I could have done what I needed to with jack in the
mix and the hardware I had on hand?

all the best,

drew