[LAU] [Jack-Devel] more jack/qjackctl madness

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Sun May 17 10:58:47 EDT 2009

On Sun, 17 May 2009, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> otoh, the only other jack application i know of that writes to
> ~/.jackdrc is ardour; have a look at your use case when starting jackd
> from behind ardour's open session dialog...

Newbie question:  Is it harmful to have QJackctl and Ardour both running
at the same time?  Do they have to potential to fight eachother, or to
make changes to the Jack environment that will be made by one but not
realized by the other, either in regard to jackd parameters, or in
regard to the connection patchbays?

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky