[LAU] [NEWS]Modartt released a native linux version of Pianoteq

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Sun May 17 15:15:23 EDT 2009

On Sun, 17 May 2009 11:36:33 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> Danni Coy wrote:
> > Interesting - Possibly disabling multicore support will get it to
> > work.... I have noticed however that for me at least no midi
> > devices show up in Patchage... Is anybody else able to see a midi
> > input
> >

> Hi Danni,
>
> I use QJackCtl, the app's MIDI ports are listed in the ALSA tab
> labeled JUCE ports.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Works quite well here. I told it to listen to all midi devices (well,
it was the default setting here).
The key visualisation didn't work to well, sounds are very good to my
not very trained ear (and it was late, had to play quietly).
I don't like that the demo installs two files in the users home
directory (it's a demo, not an installation), but the README file lists
them.

I do wonder tough how it knows when the 30 days are up, does it
secretly install something else as well?

So far it seems like a cool product, but out of my price range (and I'm
totally in favor of free software anyway).

Regards
Philipp