[LAU] [ANN] Nama recorder-mixer version 0.997

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Sun May 17 19:40:55 EDT 2009

Hi Stephen,

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 04:28:02PM -0500, TheOther wrote:
> Joel Roth wrote:
>> To install:
>>
>>    cpan Tk Time::HiRes Audio::Ecasound::Multitrack
>>
>> The executable is called 'nama'.

> Hello Joel,
>
> I'm running Fedora 10, Ecasound and Ecasound Development files
> 1:2.6.0-1.fc10.ccrma from the PlanetCCRMA repositories.
>
> As a normal user, 'cpan Tk Time::HiRes Audio::Ecasound::Multitrack'
> began to install cpan, I selected [Yes] to take the suggested defaults,
> connected to the Internet okay, but got stopped on make.
>
> I deleted ~/.cpan to start over.

Yes, you usually have to be superuser (root).

This gives unlimited powers to any module you happen to install.
Not the only way to install Perl modules, but the simplest.

> In my normal user home directory, I went su (SuperUser) and reran 'cpan
> Tk Time::HiRes Audio::Ecasound::Multitrack'

> This time cpan installed.  But trouble came in with failure to make
> Tk-804.028

<snip>

> Cannot find X include files via /usr/include
> Cannot find X include files anywhere at ./myConfig line 369.

Tk is looking for some X headers in order to compile
some C code, possibly from this RPM.

	xorg-x11-proto-devel  -- X.Org X11 Protocol headers

As Julien points out, it might be easier to install
Tk directly through a Fedora RPM.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/perl-Tk

> and then trying to make Audio-Ecasound-Multitrack-0.997 failed.
>
> -------------
> Running install for module 'Audio::Ecasound::Multitrack'

<snip>

>   Package contains both files[MANIFEST META.yml Changes README COPYING]
> and directories[lib script t inc]; not recognized as a perl package,
> giving up, won't make

<snip>

> I am not a perl programmer and have no idea what the diagnostics are
> telling me.

> Suggestions?

Oops! I forgot to include the Makefile.PL. I've uploaded
another version 0.9971. It might be a couple of hours till
it is indexed and available to install.

Please have another go.

Thanks for the report!

Joel