[LAU] The simple thruth about jack-dbus

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Mon May 18 11:55:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 06:18:06PM +0300, Nedko Arnaudov wrote:

> Fons Adriaensen <fons at kokkinizita.net> writes:
>
> > On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 04:25:23PM +0200, MarcO'Chapeau wrote:
> >
> >> Now that I have explained most of the new stuff in JACK2, back to our
> >> issue. jackdbus is just like what I described with jackosc, except that
> >> instead of *exposing the C API* through an OSC interface, we do that
> >> through a DBUS interface.
> >
> > Apparently that is not true, the dbus layer is doing
> > more than just providing communication.
>
> It is true.

That is a lie, and you know it.

* Jack-dbus is not just exposing the C API.
  It is *not* an optional way to access the
  C API as the OSC server that Marc described
  would be.

* It interferes with the C API.

* It forces itself between the client and the
  server, even if the client does not want to
  use dbus at all, and it breaks the C API.

Otherwise tell me why running a client that
does not make a single dbus call is starting
a dbus daemon. Which then goes on to prevent
qjackctl, not using dbus, starting the server
it wants to start.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.