[LAU] jackdbus issues: a workaround ? (Was: more jack/qjackctl madness)

Danni Coy danni.coy at gmail.com
Mon May 18 21:32:59 EDT 2009

Interestingly I use KDE 4 and with that as long as your libxine supports jack
(that means recompiling it on Ubuntu) you get jack in your list of preferred
sound devices. Its possible to use Jack for one class of applications (say
music) and use something else for communications applications. If jack is not
available it will automatically fall back to Pulse or Alsa.

Of course the application needs to support Phonon (Mostly qt and KDE apps) but
it is a nice start. I suspect that GNOME users don't fair so well in this
regards.

--
Reality -- what a concept!
		-- Robin Williams