[LAU] Hard lock-ups -- Trying to narrow the cause

Cedric Roux sed at free.fr
Sat May 23 14:38:09 EDT 2009

----- "Darren Landrum" <darren.landrum at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> move) In addition (and this always happens, I forgot to mention it),
> the
> audio in the sound buffer at the time of the lock-up will loop over
> and
> over again making a sort of jack-hammer noise depending on what was
> in
> there at the time.

That's not a bug. The audio output was configured to use
a DMA mode that does that. Normally programs update the audio
buffer after it has been played but since your system hangs,
no more update so the DMA goes on with old data leading to
this effect.

That of course does not explain what's going on in your
computer...