[LAU] Hard lock-ups plus MOTU UltrLite Mk3

Darren Landrum darren.landrum at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 23 17:26:59 EDT 2009

Darren Landrum wrote:
> I just yanked the sound card and went back to on-board sound. I have a
> feeling that the system is going to be stable from here on out. It
> happened just that way once before.
>
> The only question, then, is is it a hardware or driver issue? I really
> don't care anymore.

I take it all back. I was playing Leo Laporte's BitGravity stream when X
suddenly crashed and restarted itself, and the mouse pointer was gone
when I logged back in. So I had to restart the computer.

Still, at least that's a new behavior.

Also, Youtube videos are now acting weird. Either the video works, or
the audio works, but not both at the same time.

I'm about ready to take this entire machine out back and have at it with
my sledgehammer.

-- Darren