[LAU] End of JACKLAB project

Michael Bohle opendaw at jacklab.org
Tue May 26 09:43:39 EDT 2009

hi there
> Hi,
>
> Seems to be bad news on the Jacklab forums:
>
> http://forum.jacklab.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=963
>
> The project will be closed... sad for the OpenSuse users and sad for
> linux audio community :(

Not so sad. JackLab never was that beloved and important for the linux
audio world.

I will only close the (devel/webservices) server. The project is
sleeping since a time and thats only a logical step. My motivation to
fight windmills is now at zero.

On the other side: packman and suser jengelh offers audio software and a
rt-kernel in their repositories, the wiki is already immigrated to
opensuse.org. The wineasio source is already maintained by Peter L Jones
and now at sourceforge. The only thing that will be missing is
forum.jacklab.net / the wineasio support forum.
I hope the opensuse community is strong enough to make a pro audio forum
in the opensuse forums. A new WineAsio support forum could be sponsored
by commercial vendors which using wineasio in their products.

best,
Michael