[LAU] Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Hard Lock Ups...

jrogers jrogers at of-one.com
Tue May 26 13:21:38 EDT 2009

I am seeing lots of hard lock ups with Ubuntu Studio 9.04 too

I have seen it on two my computers and two of my sons. These machines are all
different ages and have different hardware.

We tried to debug it for a little while, but since it was happening on such a
wide variety of hardware *and* since it was happening soon after boot up (i.e.
no heavy processing, sometimes even before starting jack) we gave up

In fact, we are giving Arch Linux a try. We figure that if we have more
control over the configuration that maybe we can (finally) get a stable /
flexible Linux audio box
 Don’t get me wrong – we are big fans of Linux audio

but we want to spend “some” time making music too