[LAU] Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Hard Lock Ups...

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vait.se
Tue May 26 15:48:15 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 26 May 2009 21.18.24 Darren Landrum wrote:
> I do feel the need to keep pointing out that on my machine, the lock-ups
> were also happening under Fedora Core 10, and even happened while
> running memtest86. Ubuntu Studio might have some issues right now, but
> for me, the problem is hardware.

My machine was freezing with Ubuntu Studio 9.04 (rt kernel with nvidia card).
It seems to me that one have to be pragmatic when it comes to distros and test
diffrent ones in order to make it work on a system.

Finally, I ended up using Fedora Core 10 with CCRMA, and now, the good old
stability I had one year ago is back. Libs and apps in the repos are quite new
too, so I don't need to compile every sound related app like crazy in order to
have a new, stable (and "modern") system.

I have to admit that it took long time before i was willing to go from Ubuntu
to something different, but after 2 evenings, my systems heart (Ardour,
Rosegarden, Linuxsampler (Fantasia) and jack is working as it should.

It's good to finally have time to make some music again ;-)

Jostein