[LAU] Simple WAV-based looper with MIDI control?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Tue May 26 22:35:45 EDT 2009

Apologies if I've posted this before, or if it's been answered already, but I'm looking for a simple looper that:

1) Works with stereo WAV files

2) Is loop-oriented not sample-oriented (i.e. not like Jackbeat)

3) Lets you pre-load the loops and stores them with the file (i.e. this disqualifies SooperLooper, from last I played with it).

4) Is very CPU-stingy enough to run on a netbook.

5) Is very stable and won't die in the middle of a show (i.e. not Freewheeling, last I used it)

6) Has MIDI controls for the loops and levels/mixer/muting for them.

7) Can handle up to about 5 simultaneous loops (i.e. not like some of the DJ-oriented stuff that handles only two at a time).

8) Of course, is JACK-ified and RT capable.

9) Optionally has some way of picking/moving loop points, though that's not so critical since I can use Rezound for that off-line.

Hmm, after writing all that, it occurred to me that ecasound might be able to do this, which I'd be perfectly willing to try. But I've had a rough time with ecasound and ALSA MIDI so I'm a bit concerned about item (5) above.

-ken