[LAU] Simple WAV-based looper with MIDI control?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed May 27 03:36:03 EDT 2009

Jan Weil wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 08:52:18AM +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to sync sooperlooper via osc? It is stable (more stable
>> than freewhelin)?
>>

> Please note that JP did work on these stability issues. Furthermore, the
> latest SVN version features an automatic crash log and he asks for your
> help:
>
> "If you encounter a crash, please send me this file along with a
> description of what you were doing when the crash occurred. Thank you."
>
> I know that this won't be much of a help if it crashes on you during a
> live show but sending these reports might be more in the spirit of free
> software than just abandoning FW.

I would never go live with an app that I hadn't tested completely for
the duration of the live performance in a practice setting. Anything
that can be done in a practice setting will work in a live setting as
long as the setup procedure is followed exactly.

Now if you are suggesting that people should experiment with their OSS
software in a live situation then that is really going to make things
difficult for stability ;-)