[LAU] ubuntu realtime.

Marcel Marti marcel.marti at gmail.com
Wed May 27 14:50:22 EDT 2009

I had a lot of latency problems running Ubuntu 8.10 with a realtime kernel.
And nothing changed modifying the limits.conf file and adding myself to the
audio group. So I decided to install Musix <http://www.musix.org.ar/>. I
think it is the best distro for audio-linux ever. At first glance it looks
rather messy but it works as smooth as a Mercedes-Benz.

I've reached latencies of 3 ms. with no trace of xrun nor clicks in the
audio, while in Ubuntu I just could barely get close to 25 ms which was
insane. I cannot recommend anything else. Trust me.

Good luck!