[LAU] [Fwd: Re: Lilypond and Jazz chords]

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Fri May 29 13:41:25 EDT 2009

*Carl, I   posted a message on the LAU mailinglist, to look if some
experts could help...

Atte André Jensen wrote:

> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>
>> I know there are some Jazz experts on the list (Atte for example
>> (?)), maybe some expert people can help here.
>
> You're flattering me, but it works :-)
>
> I actually did some work on the jazz chords a couple of years back.
> However I don't really use lily these days.
>
> Do I understand it correctly that what is needed is an overview of
> (the most common) chords names, including the convention and reasoning
> behind the names?
>
> I currently have 2.10.33 installed, is that recent enough to look at?
> Also, are we mainly (only) talking about
> /usr/share/doc/lilypond/examples/input/manual/chord-names-jazz.ly?

Thanks for your reply Atte. Am I right you did 'conservatorium' in The
Hague, the Jazz direction (must be good, the Jazz thing and the place ;))?

I think Carl can answer your questions better then me, so I have 'put
him in cc'....

Regards,

\r