[LAU] what's up with midi clock

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Sat May 30 09:03:15 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Atte André Jensen
<atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried syncing renoise with ardour and that didn't work out that well
> (ardour master to compare with when my script was master). They seem to
> stay in sync, but they have the downbeat different places. After
> stop/start the downbeats are messed up in a new way.
>
> Maybe it's all just a shitty old protocol that is finally being replaced
> by stuff like jack transport (that works very reliable, actually
> precisely between renoise and ardour).
>
> Maybe I should stop thinking so much and just hack away something that
> works for exactly my purpose (I only need to sync with sooperlooper),
> however wrong (according to the standard) it is.
>
> Still, I'd be interrested in any input, though...

Don't all 3 of those apps support jack transport?  I could swear I
used set sooperlooper to sync to jack, which would cause it to trigger
the loop exactly on the downbeat (which still didn't help my terrible
playing).

Maybe I'm not clear on what you're actually trying to do though...