[LAU] what's up with midi clock

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Sat May 30 09:03:28 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 2:33 pm, Atte André Jensen wrote:
>> S                S            S
>>  T T T T .... T T T T .... T T T T
>
> As mentioned the two clients I test against misbehaves with this,
> running at 116-117 bpm instead of 112.

I did some playing with sooperlooper, and I think it's calculating the
tempo correctly based on the clock pulses that you feed it.  So, if you
get a different tempo... then you're T's aren't spaced right.

I would also try it _without_ the S.

When playing with it, I surprisingly had a hard time getting my midi clock
pulses to send out with the right timing.

> Maybe I should stop thinking so much and just hack away something that
> works for exactly my purpose (I only need to sync with sooperlooper),
> however wrong (according to the standard) it is.
>
> Still, I'd be interrested in any input, though...

Doesn't sooperlooper sync to the JACK transport?  (It does on my machine.)
 If it were me, I would try that route rather than midi clock.  :-)

--
               G a b r i e l   M   B e d d i n g f i e l d