[LAU] ubuntu realtime.

Scott lau at troutpocket.org
Sat May 30 14:20:40 EDT 2009

Asmo Koskinen wrote:
> Tom Dunstan kirjoitti:
>
>> Asmo, you seem to be quite happy... any ideas?
>
> Yes I am. Here is my laptop with Echo AudioFire4.
>
> http://www.arkki.info/howto/Ubuntu_Studio/904_ffado_02.png
>
> This time latency is 8 ms. Where, when and why someone needs something
> like 3 ms?

I use Fedora10/CCRMA.  I gave up on Ubuntu after I spent too much time fiddling and
not enough playing.  I have virtually no XRuns at 2ms.  The reason I need 2ms latency
is if I'm punching in using Ardour, especially recording a drum track, there can't be
even a whiff of delay.  All this using FFADO with a Ricoh ieee1394 chipset. (Echoaudio
AF12, btw).

-Scott