[LAU] More Hammondology

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun May 31 16:18:09 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 03:39:21AM -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:

> That is just one magical instrument. And, after playing the
> real thing for several hours with a full band and for a packed
> dancefloor, it's clear that nothing I've ever heard in emulation
> comes close to it. There's something about the way it moves air
> around that I really doubt could be duplicated.

you really can't emulate a Leslie just by DSP and a normal
speaker - what happens is quite physical and much more than
just some modification of the signal feeding a speaker.
It could be emulated using Wave Field Synthesis  or speaker
arrays.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.