[LAU] ubuntu realtime.

Bill Allen bill at k2bea.org
Sun May 31 21:32:50 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com>wrote:

>  Is Ubuntu development really this bad ?

Just for another data point. I've stuck with 8.04 due mostly to laziness and
the fact that it's working fine. I use the stock rt kernel. The only real
tinkering I've had to do is build jack-rack from source since the stock
ubuntu 8.04 version won't read or save racks. I get down to around 11ms
latency in jack and I'm happy enough with that - I never notice any delay
even when I'm playing guitar live. I know there are some cool new features
that I'm missing and especially I know that I'm using a version of jackd
that Paul has said is awful, but it works for me and as someone else
mentioned, at some point you've got to be making music.

Regards,
Bill