[LAU] qjackctl gets confused when used through ssh -X

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Sun Nov 1 09:26:04 EST 2009

On Sunday 01 November 2009 08:26:59 fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> > again, that's nothing to do
> > with the wrong place of the qjackctl configuration file but _when_ the
> > changes are committed to it: at program exit.
>
> So why then is there a 'Save' button at all ?

Is it that the save commits to an in memory config change but that change does
not effect the on disk config file until program exit?

I sometimes switch between my usb sound card and my internal soundcard. I stop
jack, bring up the setup, switch presets from usb441 to int48, click ok,
restart jack. Then reverse it by switching back to usb441 from int48. Perhaps
the on disk config file will never get changed to the int48 config?

all the best,

drew
(who doesn't feel like testing this theory at this time.)