[LAU] Strange aiff files

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Wed Nov 4 12:09:20 EST 2009

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, david wrote:

> Maybe you could put them up on archive.org with a little page about
> them? I'm presuming they're under some CC-license ...

Okay, I can do that sometime.  I didn't really know that there would be
some interest though.  I don't mind making them fully redistributable
either, since it always struck me as odd that someone would try to claim
copyright on a bunch of instrument sounds.  After all, they're just drum
samples...

(I think I might be able to see it for the huge Gigasampler format
multisamples of difficult to simulate instruments like saxophone
though...  Something like that has got to be a lot of work for somebody
somewhere.)

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky