[LAU] status usb2 for sound

Lorenzo lsutton at libero.it
Thu Nov 5 10:07:18 EST 2009

> USB1 works OK with ALSA but what is the status for USB*2*-Soundcards?
I guess this makes me think: what about the new USB 3.0? This morning I
was reading that the kernel shipped with the new version of Ubuntu
supports the standard, and new devices should start to be on the
market... From what I've read there should be a great improvement in
speed (as usual one has to understand what is media and market hype and
what is the real performance)

Could this at last free linux (but not only them) musician from
expensive an usually-badly-supported firewire cards?

I guess only time will tell :)

Kind regards,
Lorenzo