[LAU] Re : zyn/yoshimi on EEE netbook

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 21:03:23 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Josh Lawrence <hardbop200 at gmail.com> wrote:
> zombies at every patch switch.  adjusted the OscilSize just for
> giggles, but it didn't do any good.  my only thoughts at this point is
> that this netbook just might be too little power for this application.

cal - here's some information that might be helpful?

from jack (even started jack with the -Z option, still no luck):

subgraph starting at yoshimi timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=9, status =
0, state = Running, pollret = 0 revents = 0x0)
bad status (1) for client yoshimi handling event (type = 5)

from yoshim (hyperthreading is turned on, there aren't really two
processors here)i:

josh at josh-laptop:~$ yoshimi
2 processors online, fftw3 to use 2 threads
OscilGen::active_count now 1
No such directory, root bank entry: ../banks
No such directory, root bank entry: /usr/local/share/zynaddsubfx/banks
No such directory, root bank entry: banks
No such directory, root bank entry: ~/banks
ADsynth Oscilsize: 1024
Sample Rate: 44100
Sound Buffer Size: 256
Internal latency: 5.80499 ms
Delete OscilGen::tmpsmps, active_count now 0
OscilGen::active_count now 1
Jack reports error: jack_client_thread zombified - exiting from JACK

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com