[LAU] yoshimi bug - fixed by me !

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Nov 10 05:12:10 EST 2009

david wrote:
>> cal wrote:

>>> Indeed. You're not the first and won't be the last to ask that. Last time
>>> this came up in the context of yoshimi, Josh Lawrence had a fairly elegant solution.
>>> <http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2009-September/063063.html>
>> OK, tracked down the 64studio backports, and checked. It has JACK
>> 1.9.2-0.64studio2~lenny1. That doesn't sound like 0.116.etc ...
>
> I installed that, and it's jackdmp 1.9.2. Yoshimi doesn't accept that,
> either.

I just fired up the Ubuntu Studio-based Artist X 0.70 I have on the
synthesizer/effects box, and it also has jackd 0.109.

The Musix 2.0 beta has jackd 0.116.1. Perhaps I can get yoshimi to
compile on it. That would be very nice, because Zyn 2.4 on Music 2.0
beta likes to freeze up. The drawback to it is that Musix 2.0 has great
difficulty seeing my USB soundcard ... Let's see!

Nope, that doesn't work, either. Even after installing CMake to it,
trying to generate yoshimi just tells me that CMake can't find the C
compiler.

Stupid computers.

--
David