[LAU] zyn?

Nedko Arnaudov nedko at arnaudov.name
Tue Nov 10 07:30:03 EST 2009

Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre at gmx.de> writes:

> On Monday 09 of November 2009 22:50:17 Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
>> Josh Lawrence <hardbop200 at gmail.com> writes:
>> > If I *can't* get zyn or yoshimi running on my netbook, is this
>> > worth looking at?
>> >
>> > http://home.gna.org/zyn/
>>
>> My opinion on this is probably too biased.
>>
>> > i.e., is it in a usable state and can patches from the original zyn
>> > be loaded into this?
>>
>> No.
>
> Hi Nedko,
>
> what are your plans for zyn? Is there any chance we might see zynsub and
> zynpad as LV2 plugins in the not too distant future?

zyn is not usable for me without ladish so I want to reach ladish-1.0
first. I want to port zynsub and zynpad too. zynadd needs to export rest
of the parameters and dynparams framework needs improvements like more hints
for host, a way to transfer monitor data from plugin to host (frequency
graphs for example). Bad news is that I'm getting my motivation lower
and lower because it is obvious that most people want to see zynaddsubfx
fixed instead and there is effort to do it. Also phasex is very good
synth and it is easier to add jack midi and ladish support in it.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>