[LAU] zyn?

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Tue Nov 10 08:35:57 EST 2009

On Tuesday 10 of November 2009 13:30:03 Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> > what are your plans for zyn? Is there any chance we might see
> > zynsub and zynpad as LV2 plugins in the not too distant future?
>
> zyn is not usable for me without ladish so I want to reach ladish-1.0
> first. I want to port zynsub and zynpad too. zynadd needs to export
> rest of the parameters and dynparams framework needs improvements
> like more hints for host, a way to transfer monitor data from plugin
> to host (frequency graphs for example). Bad news is that I'm getting
> my motivation lower and lower because it is obvious that most people
> want to see zynaddsubfx fixed instead and there is effort to do it.
> Also phasex is very good synth and it is easier to add jack midi and
> ladish support in it.

I don't think zynaddsubfx can be fixed without almost completely
rewriting it...
Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate cal's work on yoshimi, which
made it a lot more usable, but ultimately I think the current GUI is a
dead end.

What I'd like to see is a synth with all the sounds and features of
zynaddsubfx, but with a GUI that doesn't look like it's still 1990, and
a less monolithic architecture. Having all of zynaddsubfx's synth
engines and effects available as LV2 plugins would be the perfect basis
for that.