[LAU] Autotuner for Linux?

Ricardus Vincente wizardofgosz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 12:40:33 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 18:27 +0100, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:

> > Denormals, right? However the problem still remains after applying this
> > fix :-(
>
> I didn't find any more obvious errors, and here things work
> perfectly. Could it be you are feeding it undesirable floats ?
> You can check this with bitmeter. If you don't know this tool
> (I didn't until a few minutes ago) it's on
>
> http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/njl98r/code/audio/
>
> Ciao,

 I am not a developer (I wish I were) but I definitely think that this
program is something that the open-source community needs, and some
further development on it would benefit us greatly.  One of the big
obstacles to people switching to ardour (from what I've heard) is no
tuning program like this.

 I think if people fine tuned the algorithm as you seem to be doing,
here, and improved the interface, we'd really be on to something
wonderful.

 My two Quatloos.

 Ricardus...