[LAU] Posting style (was: Re: Autotuner for Linux?)

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Thu Nov 12 11:43:21 EST 2009

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009, Jorge Salgueiro wrote:

> Top post is a question of accesibility to the blind. They shouldn't
> have to listen to 30 posts every time they want to contribute. So if
> you don't what no linux Stevie wonder to post in this list is your
> decision. But I don't agree with it.

Part of bottom-posting is trimming the quoted content so there are not
thirty previous posts to skip over.  Sometimes I don't even quote at all
if the subject line contains enough context that a reader ought to be
able to get it.

(Somebody already previously said all this though...)

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky