[LAU] yoshimi records

cal cal at graggrag.com
Thu Nov 12 15:38:19 EST 2009

Peter Geirnaert wrote:
> [ ... ]
>     it. Hopefully things have improved, but ...
>
> No problem, I just compiled your stuff to test it, hoping to learn
> something.
That's cool. We can all learn from it.

>      > ADsynth Oscilsize: 2048
>      > Sample Rate: 44100
>      > Sound Buffer Size: 32
>     Are you really running jack with period size 32? Wow!
> Yes, with 3 periods, but I didn't use it for recording a large piece
> yet. It's a setting I changed one day, but forgot about.
> I'll try again after increasing the period size ...
Mostly I'm just jealous I think. If the hardware's up to it then it should just fly,
it certainly shouldn't just quietly implode/explode.

[ ... ]

> At startup, QjackCtl also doesn't report finding the SSE feature (as it
> does with UbuntuStudio on this box) and it reports unlimited  memory
> locking:
Most curious. For yoshi, the compile problem comes from the use of this <http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2009-August/024707.html>.
So far, that's served well, but if it can't cope with your Phenom X3 then
there's some research & homework required :-(.

[ ... ]

> Memory locking is unlimited - this is dangerous. Please alter the line
> @audio - memlock unlimitedin your /etc/limits.conf to @audio - memlock
> 2335929
[ ... ]
> There actually is no /etc/limits.conf here.
> Maybe I'll have to make one, or is AVLinux using a different setup?

/etc/security/limits.conf?

cheers.