[LAU] yoshimi records

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Thu Nov 12 17:35:24 EST 2009

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 19:19:51 +1100
cal <cal at graggrag.com> wrote:

> Folderol wrote:
> > [ ... ]
> > Oddity
> > Sometimes when making second or third recordings there is a short snatch
> > of sound at the start. Is this perhaps a buffer not flushed?
> I've learned a little more about plumbing, and hopefully got it flushing
> appropriately.
>
> > Problem
> > We seem to have the 'can't load parameters' back again, but this time I
> > can't work out what has caused it - same symptoms.
> That was ugly, and quite different to the previous anomaly. Hopefully better
> now.
>
> <http://www.graggrag.com/yoshimi/yoshimi-0.038.tar.bz2>
> .

More good work. Thank you very much.

Records with *very* little processor overhead.

I've also noticed that I can now change patches while playing!

On the slow attack, simpler voices the changeover is effectively
seamless, with no xruns. More complex and 'harder' voices sometimes
produce a faint click. Only the most intensive ones actually produce an
xrun, and even then it is just 1 xrun. Changing voices when not playing
results in no xruns at all.

Also, Yoshi starts and stops recording without any xruns. No phantom
sound at the start of a recording anymore either. How difficult would
it be to make it only start recording when the sound starts (like the
old Zyn. one did)? With a lot of my work this would completely eliminate
the need for any post editing.

This is all on my dual core Athlon. Haven't tried on my eeePC yet. I'll
prolly give that ago tomorrow.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk