[LAU] open hw soundcard (was Re: status usb2 for sound)

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Nov 13 16:56:44 EST 2009

On Friday 13 November 2009 22:37:33 fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> - If you want the soundcard to lock to a reference provided by
>   the master (PC), all you have is the timing of Ethernet
>   messages. For example the PC could send a message every
>   millisecond.

Is this possible? Despite the fact that some operating systems don't provide
that granularity, there is the outgoing network layers involved and the
incoming layers on the receivers side. I don't think these are both with a
delay constant enough to be usable as a timing source for a-d-conversion.

Arnold