[LAU] open hw soundcard

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Nov 14 09:34:15 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Karl Hammar <karl at aspodata.se> wrote:

> So what is the consensus among the applications, is it e.g. "/mixer/1/
> volume", "/mixer/a/vol", or what?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no consensus about the format of
any significant messages sent via OSC. There is no standard way to
generate specific behaviour in an unknown OSC receiver, whether it is
volume control, note generation, or anything else. All the uses of OSC
that I am aware of involve a set of messages specified by the sender
(in the case of, say, the Lemur or Monome control surfaces, or the
Mrmr iPhone app) or by the receiver (in the case of, say, Ardour or
Reaktor).