[LAU] open hw soundcard

Karl Hammar karl at aspodata.se
Sat Nov 14 17:50:22 EST 2009

Folderol:
> On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 23:16:16 +0100
> fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> > And where do you get the 'quite significant overhead' ?
> > It just depends on how you use it.
> Well, maybe I'm wrong, but looking through the info I could find I got
> the impression there was a lot of identification stuff going on before
> you got anywhere near actual data.

Of cause there is an overhead, but it is still less than the popular
xml-format. I don't see how you could get around it unless you write
a dedicated protocol, and since you probably don't use it that much
while the recording/playing is running, I don't think it would matter.

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data               karl at aspodata.se
Lilla Aspö 148                                                 Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar          +46  173 140 57                   Computers
Sweden                     +46  70 511 97 84                 Consulting