[LAU] open hw soundcard

Karl Hammar karl at aspodata.se
Sun Nov 15 14:05:43 EST 2009

Paul Davis:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 6:38 AM, Karl Hammar <karl at aspodata.se> wrote:
> > Ok, I'll try liblo first, if that is to slow, I'll implement it
> > myself.
> i strongly suggest that you spend time defining precisely what you
> want the control protocol to be able to do before you start this kind
> of experiment.

Well, I personally don't think I myself need it.

When someone comes around and wants to control the thing via OSC, I'll
ask them what "osc addresses" they use and what it controls. Give me
that, I or someone else implements it, and we're all happy.

And I don't think I have to reimplemnt liblo more eficiently -- what
controls do you have on a soundcard and how ofthen will you change it.
I don't think there ever will be any performance problems with osc for
this application.

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data               karl at aspodata.se
Lilla Aspö 148                                                 Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar          +46  173 140 57                   Computers
Sweden                     +46  70 511 97 84                 Consulting