[LAU] OT: online music promition/what do you think of bandcamp?

Robert Jonsson spamatica at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:09:22 EST 2009

Hi Atte,

2009/11/18 Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com>

> To bring the original topic back:
>
> Would you then buy something off bandcamp (provided the thing you were
> looking for was available there)?
>
> There you can have flac, but would the flashplayer (I assume it's flash,
> here it Just Works) throw you off?
>
> NB: I'm trying to talk you into buying my stuff, I'm just talking in a
> general sense, trying to understand peoples motivations.

Not sure it was a general question but it does deserve a general reply.

The answer for me is probably no. I guess I am getting old.
I do buy lots of physical media, cds, but I have a really hard time
convincing myself to buy stuff distributed purely electronically... it just
feels so... fragile. Like what I'm about to buy is just air...

Though, since many of these services are free to use, bandcamp,
thesixtyone,  slice the pie ( bandcamp is free right?), I don't see the harm
in investing some time in putting up music there.

I would however additionally setup an "own" page where you offer to sell
physical cds and link this from the respective sites. Not that I have, but I
would ;)

/Robert